Lorinda teaches and conducts workshops on the mountain dulcimer in private, group, school, and festival settings.
Listed below are some of the more recent, most popular workshop titles. If you don't see something that fits your setting, please contact Lorinda to custom design a workshop for your specific needs.
- Southern Harmony, 2 and 3 part shape note hymns arranged for mountain dulcimer, novice and up
- Tune Ornamentation, hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides as applied to bagpipe tunes, and Celtic airs, intermediate
- Advanced Arrangements in DAA Tuning with expanded use of chords in old time melodies and hymns, novice and up
- DAD basics with chords, melodies, and the combination of both, beginning and up
- Solo, Duo, and Ensemble Appalachian Christmas arrangements for intermediate players
- Right hand arpeggios and fill-ins in a finger or flat picking style across the strings, intermediate
- Partner, Duo, and rounds for novice and up
- Songs of Thanksgiving, novice and up
- Learn to hear and change I-IV-V chord patterns, novice and up
- Classical selections for the mountain dulcimer, intermediate
- Dulcimer A La Mode, journey through the lands of Dorian, Ionian, Aeolian, and Mixolydian
- Becoming "capoable", use of the capo
- Exploring DGD tuning, songs and chords
- Introduction to the chromatic dulcimer and all those frets!
- A Design for Success: from one number and one noter to successful strumming and playing tunes
- Going Green: Songs and dances of the Irish
- Going Green: No Paper...by ear
- Finding melodies across all 3 strings
- Playing the dulcimer by traditional music notation
- Gospel, Sacred, and Shaped note Repertoire
- Waltzes Around the World: From ancient harp tunes to Spanish, Irish and American traditional waltzes
- Black Spirituals: History and songs from the traditional black spirituals arranged for singing, strumming, flatpicking, and fingerpicking
- Swing Your Partner: duets for the mountain dulcimer, varied genres and styles
- From Ear to Tab: Practice the traditional art of learning a song by learning melodies without tab, then adding chords and arrangements with tab
- Christmas: Appalachian and World Christmas tunes arranged for solo, duo, and ensemble
- Incorporating the One and A Half: Learn what to do with that 1 1/2 fret in both keys of D and G
- Play Well With Others: A specially designed workshop, taught by both Greta and Lorinda, that teaches a song tune and develops multi-parts for melody, countermelodies, variations, and backup in a complete arrangement for dulcimer, whistle, or other melody instrument.